Middle School Geology
The Educational Advantage for Teaching Earth Science & Geology in Middle School/High School.
The Layered Earth is a complete teaching solution for Earth Science. It provides a student-focused, rich multi-media environment that includes lessons, interactive computer simulations, innovative exercises, numerous extensions, connections, and assessment activities.
Topics Covered: The Earth's Interior, Plate Tectonics, Earth's Landforms, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Minerals & Rocks, and Geological Time.
Features & Benifits:
- 25+ Lesson Plans correlated to state and national standards, that meet curriculum needs.
- Accurate and Innovative Simulations that engage students, illustrate and enhance basic concepts.
- In-depth Discovery Exercises that foster data collection and analytical thinking skills.
- Learner Strategies including anticipation guides, multiple intelligences, and graphic organizers.
- Pre and Post-Assessment Activities to test student knowledge and reinforce basic concepts.
- Links and Extensions provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel, and STSE (Science, Technology, Society, and the Environment).
If you have any questions about the Layered Earth or interest in a multi-user school license, please call 1-877-290-8256
Windows: Requires Windows XP, Vista or 7, 1 GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 5 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. Macintosh: Requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher, Intel based processor, 1 GB RAM and 5 GB of hard disk space. Will not run on OS 10.5 or earlier. 128 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.